How do you write a reference number?
Number your citations
- Arrange the sources you cite alphabetically and then number them; or.
- Number the citations consecutively according to the first mention of each source in the text (using the same number for subsequent references to the same source).
How do I insert citation number?
Place your cursor to where the reference is to be inserted, then click “Insert” -> “Reference” -> “Cross-reference”. In the dialog box, select “Numbered item”, “Paragraph number”, then the reference you want to insert, click “Insert”. This inserts the reference into the text.
How do you write 3rd in Word?
Superscript in Word
- Place cursor where you want the superscript to go.
- In the Home tab, click the superscript button X2
- Type what you want as the superscript.
- Click the superscript button again to return to normal font.
How do you write 10 raise to 5 in Word?
3. Click the “Superscript” button in the Font group or press “Ctrl-Shift+=” to format the selected character as superscript. Click the “Subscript” button or press “Ctrl+=” to make the selected character subscript instead.
How do you write a small number below a letter?
To make text appear slightly above (superscript) or below (subscript) your regular text, you can use keyboard shortcuts.
- Select the character that you want to format.
- For superscript, press Ctrl, Shift, and the Plus sign (+) at the same time. For subscript, press Ctrl and the Equal sign (=) at the same time.
How do you write subscript?
Alternatively, you can find other keyboard apps on the Play Store that allows typing subscript.
- Open the text where you want to type subscript.
- Switch your keyboard to the Engineering Keyboard.
- Tap the nnn super/subscript icon on the bottom-left.
- Tap the subscript character you want to type.
How do you make a little 2 co2 in Word?
To test that it works, go back to your document, type co2 (lower case) then press the spacebar (or TAB key or ENTER key). Voila! Your co2 is automatically replaced with CO2 and a following space.
How do I write subscript in Word?
Use keyboard shortcuts to apply superscript or subscript
- Select the text or number that you want.
- For superscript, press Ctrl, Shift, and the Plus sign (+) at the same time. For subscript, press Ctrl and the Equal sign (=) at the same time. (Do not press Shift.)
How do you write chemical formulas in Word?
Click on the equation button on the far right. Type in your equation. Use the buttons in the ribbon to do superscripts and subscripts. Alternatively you can use _ for subscript and ^ for superscript.
How do you write chemical names?
When naming molecular compounds prefixes are used to dictate the number of a given element present in the compound. ” mono-” indicates one, “di-” indicates two, “tri-” is three, “tetra-” is four, “penta-” is five, and “hexa-” is six, “hepta-” is seven, “octo-” is eight, “nona-” is nine, and “deca” is ten.
How do I turn on equations in Word 2010?
If you have not Classic Menu for Word 2007/2010/installed, you can …
- Click Insert tab.
- Move to Symbols group.
- Click the down arrow next to Equation, and choose the equation you want.
How do I download equation editor in Word?
In the Features to install, click the plus sign (+) next to Office Tools. Click the arrow next to Equation Editor. Click Run all from My Computer. Click Update Now.