Which type of workplace discrimination occurs when an organization uses an employment practice that results in unfavorable outcomes to a protected class quizlet?
Adverse impact occurs when an organization uses an employment practice or procedure that results in unfavorable outcomes to a protected class (such as Hispanics) over another group of people (such as non-Hispanic whites).
Which of these typically takes place in the workplace while employees are performing job related tasks?
On-the-job training. This training takes place in the work setting while employees are performing job-related tasks.
Which of the following is the term used for the process that an organization uses to attract develop and retain quality employees?
These activities are part of Starbucks’s strategy to deploy human resources in order to gain competitive advantage. The process is called human resource management (HRM), which consists of all actions that an organization takes to attract, develop, and retain quality employees. Each of these activities is complex.
Which of the following is responsible for the enforcement of antidiscrimination and other employment related laws?
Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Laws The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) enforces all of these laws. EEOC also provides oversight and coordination of all federal equal employment opportunity regulations, practices, and policies.
What is an EEO violation?
What are Equal Employment Opportunity Violations? Equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws are a set of federal laws and regulations that prohibit workplace discrimination against current and potential employees. Discrimination can occur in many ways, including refusal to hire, termination or harassment.
Why is gossip not good?
Gossiping can become a bad habit. Plus, once it’s a habit you’ll find it’s difficult to talk about anything else without adding gossip to it. You’ll turn into a broken record always repeating the same negative stuff again and again. Naturally, people will become bored and disinterested in what you have to say.
How do you deal with someone who gossips about you?
- Turn to a trusted adult for support. Talk to someone you can confide in, like a parent, teacher, school counselor, or coach.
- Find your friends. Find a friend or two who will stick by you and who won’t listen to rumors.
- Speak up. Consider speaking to the girl who’s spreading rumors.
- Care for yourself.
How do you confront someone about their behavior?
Here’s what to do to confront people the right way.
- Do your homework. Before you confront someone, make sure you have all of the facts.
- Learn about the person. People want to be known.
- Offer encouragement before criticism. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to do this step.
- Keep it simple and succinct.
- Move on quickly.
How do you know if someone is gossiping about you?
Read on for a few body language cues that may mean someone was just talking behind your back.
- Their Personality Seems Different. Andrew Zaeh for Bustle.
- The Room Gets Quiet.
- They Seem Super Uncomfortable.
- They Freeze.
- They Seem Stiff.
- They Overcompensate.
- They Gossip About Others.
- They Can’t Maintain Eye Contact.
How do you deal with haters and gossips?
So you can take criticism as proof of growth, and ignore the haters.
- Discuss it with your Boss. If the gossip and bad-mouthing are bordering is becoming unbearable, then one option is to discuss the situation with your manager.
- Confront it.
- Report it to your Ethics Department.
- Keep Your Enemies Close.
- Only You Can Decide.
What are haters?
“Hater” is a label used to refer to people who use negative and critical comments and behavior to bring another person down by making them look or feel bad. These hurtful and negative comments can be delivered in person, online, or in texts and apps. Often, the comments and behavior are repeated over time.
How do you kill haters?
How to deal with haters in five easy steps…
- Ignore Haters. Haters are egoistic people.
- Feel Important. Nobody hates a nobody.
- Keep Your Advisors Close. Haters think they know the way to success, though all they do is talk without ever sulking in it.
- Maintain Focus.
- Twist the Tweet – The Best Way to Fight Back.