Why do I want to be a pharmacy technician?
You Get to Help People One of the most rewarding aspects of being a Pharmacy Technician is that you can see the impact your work has on helping improve others’ lives. You’ll assist the pharmacist by maintaining medication safety of the patients. You’ll also complete many tasks traditionally held by pharmacists.
What skills does a pharmacy technician need?
Standard Pharmacy Technician Skills
- Computer Skills.
- Active Listening.
- Attention to Detail.
- Prescription Data Entery.
- Creating New Patient Profiles.
- Reading Comphrehension.
- Call Physicians for Refill Authorization.
What should a pharmacy tech put on a resume?
List of Skills to Put on a Pharmacy Technician Resume
|Hard Skills||Soft Skills|
|Maintaining Pharmacy Equipment||Problem Solving|
|Preparing Prescriptions Labels||Time Management|
|Selecting Correct Packaging Materials||Customer Service|
What qualities make a good pharmacy technician?
Five Important Qualities of a Great Pharmacy Technician
- Attention to Detail. Ensuring the safety of customers is the most important part of a pharmacy technician’s job.
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- Teamwork Skills.
- An Aptitude for Math and Technology.
- An Appetite for Learning.
Do you need to be good at math to be a pharmacy tech?
While we mentioned that you do not need an advanced degree to work as a pharmacy technician, you will need to have a good grasp on math. There are many math concepts that are used in this career role such as addition and subtraction, fractions, determining percentages, weights, and even measurements.
What questions are asked in a pharmacy technician interview?
Questions You’ll Be Asked During a Pharmacy Technician Interview
- WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB?
- DO CO-WORKERS SAY ABOUT WORKING WITH YOU?
- HOW DO YOU HANDLE DRAMATIC COWORKERS?
- HOW DO YOU HANDLE DIFFICULT AGGRESSIVE CUSTOMERS?
- WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO BE A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN?
- WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT QUALITY IN A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN?
- WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS?
What are your strengths as a pharmacy technician?
Typical strengths include good communication skills, ascertaining others’ needs, patience, dependability, accountability, flexibility, paying attention to detail, and problem solving.
What is the difference between a pharmacy assistant and technician?
What is a pharmacy technician? A pharmacy technician is similar to a pharmacy assistant. They can do all the support tasks an assistant does, but have a few added responsibilities and powers. For example, unlike assistants, pharmacy technicians have “signing authority” on new and refill prescriptions.